This past Thursday, Paul Coleman came to speak and delivered an awesome message for us at FCA!
A lot of us are confused as to what our next steps in life should be. Sometimes it’s hard for us to see where the Lord wants us in the next season of our life. Perhaps this is because He is waiting for us to be in an open-handed, receiving position; ready and eager for whatever it may be that He is calling us into next. Sometimes in life, its not about knowing and expecting everything that the future will hold, but rather being committed to proactive obedience and saying, “God, I have no idea what you want me to do with my life or what you’re asking of me but I will be proactive in putting my ‘Yes’ on the table for You.”
Will you put your “Yes” on the table?
Before you even know what the Lord wants you to do, you are able to put your “Yes” on the table because:
- You know who you follow
- Jesus came to the disciples and they had no idea where He was going to lead them, yet they followed Him because they knew that He was worthy of their obedience.
- If you think about it, the disciples followed Jesus willingly, but the crazy thing is that we know more about Jesus today through the gospel and a relationship with Him than they did back then.
- We know the character of God; He is worthy to be trusted and followed.
- You know who will equip you
- “Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’” Matthew 9:35-38
- Whatever He calls you into, He will equip you for that journey—Trust Him.
- Finally, saying “Yes” will lead you to life but it may not lead you to safety
- “Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.” Matthew 10:39
- You can control your life and do what you want to do, but you’re going to lose your life- the life that God has in store for you.
- Or, you can surrender your own life and put your “Yes” on the table and live the life that God has for you.
- When we decide to put our “Yes” on the table we will be walking into a fulfilling life that only Jesus can give us and it will be hard at times, but we will be able to do it because we know Who we follow.
The thing is it feels risky to just put it all out there on the table for the Lord because our flesh likes to be in control; we like to know and plan our future. However, we must remember that Jesus put His “Yes” on the table for us even when we didn’t deserve it. In the garden, Jesus said “Yes;” on the days of complete mockery and pain, Jesus said “Yes;” on the cross, Jesus said “Yes;” and thanks be to God, on the third day Jesus said, “Yes.” He has the best plan for you in store; He just needs your obedience and your trust.
What if you’re trying to control our own future and God is withholding you’re best plan from you because you are unwilling to say, “Yes” to Him? There’s no better life than the one He has planned for you, and there is no better way than obedience.
Will you put your “Yes” on the table and be open to whatever the Lord is calling you to next?
Thanks for reading The Juice, hope to see you again this Thursday at 9:19!